Houston Hurricane Conference - Saturday May 21st

General Weather Discussions and Analysis

Re: Houston Hurricane Conference - Saturday May 21st

Postby srainhoutx » Thu May 19, 2016 2:03 pm

No Houstonia. David probably hasn't seen the thread here. Not sure wxman57 posted anything on S2K. We'll get together and all meet up... ;)
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/TxWeatherBoard
Twitter @TxWeatherBoard
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wxman57 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:58 am

My wife & I are heading out on our bikes shortly. Should be at the Lake House (across from the convention center) around 11:15.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby brooksgarner » Wed May 25, 2016 2:53 pm

It was nice to meet everyone at the event!!
KHOU 11 MET
Latest blogs from the weather team, updated daily! http://www.khou.com/weather/weather-blog
http://fb.com/khouBrooks
http://twitter.com/brooksKHOU
  • '17 Harvey
  • '12 Sandy (P3 Orion)
  • '91 Bob
  • '85 Gloria
brooksgarner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby srainhoutx » Sat May 28, 2016 11:29 am

Finally able to download pictures from the Houston/Galveston 2016 Hurricane Workshop at the GRB last Saturday. Brooks, it was great meeting you...finally and David, I appreciate your continued words of encouragement for all we do on the KHOU Weather Forum.

Dr. Rick Knabb pointing to an image of Hurricane Alicia while addressing the attendees of the Hurricane Workshop. Rick is another of our Hometown folk as he graduated from Katy High School and his Mom lives here. He will always be apart of the Houston/Galveston Hurricane Work as long as he is the National Hurricane Director.

Rick Knabb and members of the Disabled Community Leaders discussing what we can do to provide more information that will reach everyone, especially those that have disabilities. It was my highest honor to be able to facilitate the meeting after discussing the needs with Rick last year at the 2015 National Tropical Weather Conference. We are fortunate to have 3 Past and Present National Hurricane Directors (Dr. Neil Frank/Bill Read) that have or still live in the Houston Area.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/TxWeatherBoard
Twitter @TxWeatherBoard
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Weather Forum